Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Who Is She?

Introduction: 

This is a story told by my mother, Jill Treeful, and our very scary experience in the middle of the night getting awoken by aggressive banging and knocking. 

Process:

For this assignment we were told to record someone telling us a story. We then had to take this long audio recording and edit it down to about 1 minute with some voice-over moment of reflections. The story being told in my "podcast" is one of my favorite stories and I thought you all would enjoy it as well. To begin I opened up Adobe Audition and imported all my audio clips onto my wave form. I then dragged my main story clip over to multitrack and placed it in track one. Using the razor tool I cut out some silent moments, "um's and so's and random unnecessary moments. To select the sections I wanted to delete I would use the move tool. After cutting down that long audio clip I dragged all my voice-overs onto track 2, 3 and 4. On tracks 2 and 3 I had to raise the volume just a bit so it hit -12. Throughout the story I used Ira Glass method of Jill's anecdotes and my voice-over moment of reflections. I thought this helped keep the story suspenseful and keep it flowing. After I finished editing I exported it by clicking file, export, multitrack mix down, entire session and then saved it as a wave PCM. 

Unedited Full Story:

https://soundcloud.com/user40194464/interview-unedited-mixdown



Edited Story:

https://soundcloud.com/user40194464/interveiw-with-mom-mixdown




Conclusion:

All in all, I actually really enjoyed doing this assignment. It definitely took me a long time but the more I practice and use the software, the more I will improve. I hope you all enjoyed this story and I'll see you next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment