Thursday, November 8, 2018

BF #4 Swatches and Nameplates

Experimenting With Nameplates & Swatches


Overview

This assignment was really fun and interesting! It was really great getting to practice using the swatches panel and experimenting with different color schemes. I also liked creating professional nameplates because they could definitely come in handy in the future!

Photograph 

For this assignment we had to chose a photo that inspired an original color scheme and then create swatches in Indesign based on those colors. I got really excited when I found out we had to do this because I love taking pretty photographs of sunsets and the beach, so for my photo I decided to use a picture I took when I was in Aruba. The water was a beautiful aqua blue with some white foamy waves. The sky was an ombre dark blue and baby blue. While the sand was a warm tan/cream color. 



Swatches

Within my picture I was bad to find my three main color swatches which was the day blue sky, the cream sand and the aqua water. I made 9 rectangles using the rectangle frame tool and then proceeded to use the color theme tool and take dip swatches from my photograph. The dipper picked up the dark blue, cream tan and aqua blue and brought then over to the color selection. The first three colors all the way to the left are at 100%, the middle colors are 80% and the last colors are 40%. I think the colors turned out great and really match the original photo.



Nameplates

Now it is time for the nameplates, I used the rectangle frame tool and created three rectangles, then I applied the three 100% colors onto the rectangles. After this I went to the type tool and I typed my name and my major in each of the three boxes using the colors above. I think this colors go very well together and I am proud of the way they came out. These nameplates would be great for the future and Im very glad I now know how to create them.

Conclusion 

This assignment was so much fun and I loved learning how to use these features in InDesign! At first I was a bit confused and it definitely took me a while to figure out but once I figured it out, it was not that hard. Its so fascinating that a software can pick up colors like this just by selecting a tool and clicking on the image. 








































No comments:

Post a Comment